Individuals who struggle with substance abuse and their families often require opportunities for self-reflection in order to identify the maladaptive behaviors, as well as inter-generational familial patterns, which often result in succumbing to addiction. This workshop will reintroduce practical tools which employ visual representations of generational patterns of strengths and challenges wherein treatment solutions often lie.
1. Introduction to Bowne’s System Theory.
2. Discussion of factors which perpetuate across generations.
3. Re-introduce familial assessment tools to identify familial and community pattern.
4. Explore an understanding of complex trauma to families of individuals facing addiction.
5. Identify strategies which translate consumer self-awareness into healing.
This training is free; however, registration is required.
Free Contact Hours: (3.75)
Free Continuing Education Hours Available for Licensed Social Workers and Addiction Counselors/Professionals (NADAC)