Confidentiality Training for Peer & Certified Recovery Support Specialist
This training provides the recommended methods of safeguarding client/consumer information. Breaches in confidentiality can occur on purpose or unintentionally. Peer and certified recovery support specialists should be cognizant of agency policy and procedures regarding confidentiality of the consumers they serve.
- Upon completion participants will be able to:
- Define confidentiality
- Understand the difference between confidentiality and privacy
- Identify methods and best practices that protect consumer confidentiality
- Understand the limits of confidentiality
- Identify what constitutes a necessary breach in consumer confidentiality